To bring closer the EU to the citizens, the European Commission launched new EU-wide contest for a prestigious “Altiero Spinelli Prize for Outreach: Spreading Knowledge about Europe”.
The Prize will reward outstanding contributions that communicate the founding values, history, action and key benefits of the EU to citizens; enhance citizens’ understanding of the EU; broaden ownership of the European project and build trust in the EU’s promise of a better future for all.
The prize is open to individuals or groups of individuals (natural persons). The individual applicant or the group leader, in case of groups of individuals applying, must have at least a Master’s Degree and must, at the time of the application, be affiliated with a legal entity such as, for example, an academic institution, organisation, civil society organisation, company or other type of legal entity established and based in an EU Member State.
- Six first prizes of 50,000 EUR;
- Six second prizes of 30,000 EUR and
- Ten third prizes of 17,000 EUR.
- Registration of intention to apply is compulsory by 16 August 2017.
- The deadline for full applications will be 02 October 2017. Only those registered by 16/08 will be invited to submit a full application.
- Applications will be assessed in October 2017.
- The Award Ceremony will be held in the first trimester of 2018.
The application documents and the Rules of Contest are available on the call page.
Go to: the Cal Page.