Enhance the capacity in transnationally tackling environmental vulnerability, fragmentation, and safeguarding ecosystem services in the ADRION area
The rich and extraordinary environment characterising the area is strongly confronted by natural risks (floods, drought, fires, storms and earthquakes), sharpened by the climatic changes, deregulated urbanisation and low adaptation measures.
ADRION will contribute to:
- Enhance common understanding among ADRION Partner States for the status quo, the international and EU framework and the remaining needs of transnational cooperation in the fields of environmental protection, biodiversity management, ecosystem services and climate change adaptation
- Enhance the competencies/skills of the stakeholders and involved parties
- Increased availability of data and information for delivering evidence based responses through interoperability and systematic monitoring
- Increase transnational cooperation, exchange and communication among authorities and civil society organisations
- Harmonise infrastructures, management structures and hazard or risk response mechanisms
- Increase number of the state-of-the-art management and planning tools
Main Result Indicator
Increase the level of capacity of the involved organisations to operate transnational, providing service and management regarding environmental vulnerability, fragmentation, and the safeguarding of the ecosystems’ services.