Blue Wave Week Montenegro 2022: “Innovation for the sustainable use of marine and maritime resources in our Seas”
How can we use the blue economy, marine&maritime resources to boost overall economic growth of the countries in the Adriatic/Ionian and Mediterranean area? The conference “Innovation for the sustainable use of marine and maritime resources in our Seas” organized on 7-9 June in Budva, Montenegro within the Blue Wave Week Montenegro 2022, will seek to answer this key question through a series of panel discussions.
• Nina Drakić, President, Chamber of Economy of Montenegro;
• Damir Davidović, State Secretary, Ministry of Economic Development of Montenegro;
• Charlina Vitcheva, Head, DG MARE, European Commission (online).
Additionally to that, the first day, that will have the participation of the Head of the Interreg ADRION and the Head of Interreg MED Programmes will be complemented by three panels discussing:
• Sustainable Blue Economy: An opportunity for the Adriatic-Ionian seas and the whole Mediterranean;
• Blue Economy as a driver of a more inclusive economic growth;
• Can we join forces? The Importance of Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Rights for Boosting Blue Economy – regional experiences and opportunities for cooperation.
The second day of the conference will start with the introduction of BLUEAIR as a laboratory for macroregional S3 on Sustainable Blue Economy by Mrs Adela Franja (ADRION JS) and Mrs Elena Banci, BLUEAIR Project (Area Science Park).
The following topics will be further discussed:
• Road to Adrion S3 for Blue Growth;
• Innovation Cooperation in Sustainable Blue Economy in European Sea Basins and Macro Regions;
• International Cross-fertilization Workshop – “Challenges and opportunities for more coordinated innovation cooperation in the Adriatic-Ionian Region”;
• Creating synergies: Linking achievements of the Blue Economy projects.
During the third day two more panels will be organized covering:
• Clustering workshop on Blue Economy projects: Areas of Blue Growth Opportunities;
• How can education boost Sustainable Blue Economy?
The conference will be concluded with the open debate on the transition from challenges and opportunities to solutions towards the BlueAir Innovation Community and Innovation Strategy.